This programme is the first step towards a career in architecture. Develop the drawing, design and graphic presentation skills to express architectural concepts. Analyse architectural sites and explore how to ensure the environmental sustainability of architectural projects. Gain an overview of the business of architecture, and become familiar with New Zealand building law, construction technology, basic contract management procedures, taha Māori and Māori perspectives as they relate to architecture.
For this programme, you will need the following:
1. 42 credits at NCEA Level 3 or higher including:
2. 8 credits at NCEA Level 2 or higher in English or Te Reo Māori (4 in reading, 4 in writing)
3. 4 credits in NCEA Level 1 or higher in Mathematics or Pangarau
4. Complete an interview with an academic member of the programme at which you'll present a hardcopy of your portfolio
5. Candidates who have English as a second language are required to have one or more of the following:
You need to complete 360 credit hours to successfully obtain this degree. Please check detail of study units at https://www.unitec.ac.nz/career-and-study-options/architecture-and-architectural-technology/bachelor-of-architectural-studies
When you apply for this programme you'll be asked to upload a portfolio. Should you be asked in for an application interview, you'll also need to bring a hard copy of your portfolio with you.
If you can’t upload your portfolio please email a PDF file to [email protected] or bring your PDF file to your nearest Unitec Student Central and we will attach it to your application.
What to include: Your portfolio must include 6-10 A4 size PDF images not exceeding 60MB in total.