Graduates will be able to critically evaluate the importance of project management within organisations and apply appropriate project management frameworks to delivery enhanced performance in contemporary organisations. They will also be able to demonstrate critical awareness of business information, planning and control mechanisms in project management practices.
This MBA includes:
• Personal, academic and professional development.
• Lectures and assessment methods that apply the business knowledge required for students to perform as an effective manager in any organisation.
• Through, extensive study of key issues in business theories students will be capable of evaluation and application of important global management issues which impact on organisational effectiveness and performance.
• Knowledge and understanding of global business, most especially on issues such as globalisation, standardisation and customisation of products and services.
• Skills and knowledge to inform you how an organisation is best managed in a changing world.
With these in mind, the programme is designed to provide you with relevant knowledge, so that you are familiar with the latest theoretical and practical developments relating to business management and development.
The minimum entry requirements for the Master of Business Administration are:
• Level 8 primary undergraduate honours bachelor degree with a minimum Second Class Second Division classification (2.2) from a recognised third level institution in any discipline from a recognised third level institution (or equivalent); or
• An equivalent professional qualification such as ACCA or CIMA.
• For applicants whose first language is not English and who have not previously undertaken a degree taught through English, evidence must be provided of proficiency in English language equivalent to B2+ or above on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL). This must be evidenced through a recognised English Language test such as IELTS, Cambridge Certificate, PTE or DBS English Assessment. Test certificates should be dated within the last two years to be considered valid.
• GMAT examination is a mandatory requirement for all applicants who do not hold an Honours Bachelor Degree (Level 8) with a minimum of second class second division classification.
You need to complete 60 credit hours to successfully obtain this degree. Please check detail of study units at https://www.dbs.ie/course/postgraduate/master-of-business-administration-(mba)-project-management-full-time
The programme is aimed at learners who wish to specialise in business administration with a view to entering industry in a high-level managerial role, to progress professionally or to undertake further business studies. Learners will achieve the business expertise to lead an organisation to strategic decision making ensuring a maximum return on investment across each department. Learners will be capable of dealing with diverse intrinsic and extrinsic business realities in a creative manner to ensure sustainability and growth.
Applicants who do not have a Level 8 qualification at a 2.2 award level and who have at least 3 years’ work experience may also be considered through the college’s normal RPL procedures. Relevant professional experience may be taken into account and individuals will be assessed on a case-by-case basis through DBS RPL procedures.